When you fill in your UCAS application form you will have five choices of course/university. Use the five choices wisely. By this point, you should know the specific area of which you wish to study. Therefore, your course selections should all be within a similar field of subject matter. Your respective selections should read similar to:
- English – University of Bath
- English & Theatre Studies – University of Exeter
- English with Film – King’s College London
- Creative Writing – University of Winchester
- English & History – Royal Holloway
- Chemistry – University of St Andrews
- Law – Durham University
- Fashion Design – Falmouth University
- Nursing – University of Southampton
- Drama – Queen Mary University of London
Course research must be done thoroughly. Course research is your responsibility as there are so many different courses to choose from.
Look carefully at the subject’s entry requirements. If your grade predictions are 3Cs, you should not go for courses that require 3As, or vice versa. Please see here for more information on the UCAS points system.
It is, however, common to pick at least one ‘insurance’ course/university, that has slightly lower entry requirements – just in case you don’t quite get your predicted grades. For example, if you are predicted CBB, your insurance choice should be asking for something similar to CCC.