Salary: Grade PO4 £39855-£42651
Start Date: ASAP
About Green Spring Academy Shoreditch and our values
Green Spring Academy Shoreditch was judged to be outstanding in every category by Ofsted in its most recent inspection. It is a smaller than average 11-18 mixed community school with approx. 1000 students.
Outstanding learning and teaching is at the core of everything we do. We aim to raise attainment to exceptional levels and we value the contribution every student can make, regardless of ability or background. We have high expectations of all, in a caring and supportive environment.
About this position
We are currently seeking an exceptional and experienced Network Manager, who is enthusiastic and talented, to build on the success of the high performing ICT Department.
Wide and detailed knowledge experience in a working environment of ICT operating systems and networking.
- Experience in a working environment of managing a complex network, setting up, managing servers and the ability to resolve failure problems.
- Experience and knowledge of server hardware maintenance, housekeeping and daily backups.
- Detailed knowledge of IT infrastructure security and implementation requirements.
- Proven track record of working as a team leader and member of a team.
- Experience of coaching, supervising, appraising and supporting other colleagues.
- Experience of sourcing, evaluating, recommending, configuring, installing and testing hardware, network operating systems, software and peripheral equipment.
- Experience of successful project management.
- Experience of planning, setting targets and monitoring progress.
- Experience and working knowledge of ICT including Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
- Experience and knowledge in a working environment of with 2000 Server, Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft SQL Server, Windows Server 2008, 2012, MAC OSX.
- Wide familiarity with hardware and network management system used in education.
- Familiarity with standard software used in schools e.g. Adobe, Microsoft Office, Macromedia programs.
- Experience of working in a school or educational environment.
- Awareness of Health and Safety and Data Protection legislation.
The benefits we offer
- A generous pension
- Staff are encouraged to use the free gym on site
- We have a staff choir, employee assistance program, cycle to work scheme, an interest free season ticket loan, a multitude of discount vouchers with You At Work and free eye care tests
- Best of all, we offer free breakfast and lunch to our staff
How to apply
If you think you can make a brilliant contribution an application form, job description and person specification can be obtained from email@example.com. CVs will not be accepted.
Candidates are encouraged to apply immediately as interviews will be ongoing until the role is filled. Regretfully, we are unable to respond to each applicant, if you are not invited for interview within 10 days of your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Green Spring Academy Shoreditch is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service check.