Exam Results 2016
Key Stage 4
- 83% of students achieved A*-C in English and Maths
- 37% of students achieved the EBACC
- Progress 8 score 0.7
- Attainment 8 score 54.8
Green Spring Academy Shoreditch (formerly Bethnal Green Academy) class of 2016 excelled in their GCSEs with an outstanding benchmark figure of 83% achieving A*-C grades.
Demonstrating their academic rigour, 37% of students secured the English Baccalaureate qualification, beating the 2015 national average of 23%.
Key Stage 5
Green Spring Academy Shoreditch has obtained a 99.7% pass rate at A Level, with over 90% of students successfully securing their places at university where they will face their next educational challenge.
An impressive 40% of students at the academy have achieved the coveted A*-B grades at A Level this year; qualifications that will undoubtedly support their future employability and careers.
Undergraduate courses in Medicine, Biomedical Sciences, Dentistry and Pharmacy dominate the list of degrees that students are going on to study at university. Individual stand-out performances include:
- Abdullah Al Ruman who achieved an A* in Biology and a further two A grades in Chemistry and Maths and looks forward to studying Chemistry at Imperial College London.
- Sufiyan Mohammed who achieved an A* in Chemistry and a further two A grades in Biology and Mathematics will progress to Queen Mary University to study Dentistry.
- Aaniash Anjum was one of five students to achieve AAB and she will be going to University College London to study Pharmacy.
Business Extended Diploma BTEC has, for the second year running, achieved an estimated value added score significantly above national averages. Alima Hamida, Adam Sowe, Fahmida Tasfia, Khadija Thalukdar, Faizah Uddin all achieved approximately 4 grades higher than nationally expected with Distinction* grades across the board. Adam Sowe will be going to the University of Leicester to study Human Resources Management.
Please see press release for further information.